I treated myself to a new magazine this weekend, and if you couldn’t tell from the title of this post, I chose Lucky Magazine.
Not only was I (and still am) super excited about the piece on “90 Days of Outfits: Our genius styling guide to dressing for $5 a day!”, but was intrigued how technology was integrated throughout the magazine.
Here are my five favorites:
1. Behind-the-scenes video of select parts of the mag that draw you to the website by way of mobile-friendly bar codes, text message, or simply typing in luckymag.com on your browsers. Videos of Heidi Klum’s photo shoot, the last nine outfits of the 90 featured in the piece mentioned above, and how to get frizz-free hair with the products discussed on page 153 are some of the behind-the-scenes looks you can find. (Note: you must first download the free app at gettag.mobi before scanning the codes).
2. Invitation to connect with Lucky’s “digital concierge” by way of iPhone app or LuckyatYourService.com. Basically, by setting up an account on this site, you can save time shopping at work (whoops, on your lunch break). Browse items on the site by brand, price, color, and size and then choose the option to either find it online (like any other social shopping site ) or find it near you. After entering a few more details, the Lucky Concierge team will contact the store to see if the piece is available and put it on hold for you to pick up later in the day. Oh yeah, and you’ll hear back from the Lucky team within the hour during the business day by email or text confirming how to go about picking up your purchase.
3. Every page with items of clothing include a text-to-buy option, that lets you immediately purchase favorite items from the issue without having to hunt all over.
4. Blogger highlight #1: Lisa Mayock and Sophie Buhai of Venacavablogspot.com got a shout out for their clothing designs and blog, and between Feb. 7 and 11, guest blogged for Luckymag.com about the Lucky blogger conference, FABB, and New York Fashion Week.
5. Blogger highlight #2: A showcase of seven inspirational style bloggers and their spring trend obsessions, including the women behind alltheprettybirds.blogspot.com, seaofshoes.typepad.com, guestofaguest.com, manrepeller.com, naag.com, decadediary.typepad.com, theglamourai.com.
Great read this weekend, but the tricky part will be to stick to my budget since I’d really like to now own the wedges in the Top-Sider ad… the trench on page 91… the the woven belt on page 100, the purple dress on page 134… the dress on page 136… the Fendi on pae 138… the floral dress on page 195… the pleated skirt on page 199… the leather dress on page 202…
2 thoughts on “I’m Feeling Lucky”